Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Voices

Alone in my darkest hour
Can you hear me calling your name?
Unknown to my deep desire
To be released from this world of pain

Can you hear me
As I cry
Will I ever
See the light

I dream of a restless place
A never ending story of my mistakes
It seems that this dream is true
Every tear I cry, I cry for you

All these voices
In my mind
Calling desperate to
Be alive

Oh, all I hear is voices
Oh, all I hear is voices
Oh, all I hear is voices

Insights :

Words and music : Niel Oliver
Featuring the vocal talents of Wian Oliver, and Niel Oliver diong the backing vocals and guitars.

This song has an interesting background to it. Each and every time I've played this song live at a gig, someone will come up to me afterwards and try to tell me what my own song is about.

One guy told us once that he can relate, because he hears voices in his head all the time. No offence, IDIOT!! But you didn't get it...

If you also had the idea this song is about some random guy who hears voices and then wants them to leave his head, please scroll back up and READ the song!! Or even better, LISTEN to it!!

Voices is about a guy dying. in his final moments he wishes to numb the pain he feels and silence the voices of bad memories running around in his head. He  refers to the tears he's crying for the loved, and lost, one in his life. As all human being are, he made mistakes. And it haunts him in his final hours.

If you have any more questions, feel free to contact us!

Yours truly...

No comments:

Post a Comment